Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
You will violate the Code of Conduct if You or Your Account participates in any of the following behaviors below. Mundfish, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to take such action as appropriate in the event of any violation, including immediate termination of Your Account, and/or banning You from playing the Game, and/or using any Mundfish Services.
- LAWFUL COMPLIANCE
1.1 You may not post, publish, transmit, promote, or distribute content that is illegal.
1.2 The laws that apply in the offline world must be obeyed online as well. We have zero tolerance for illegal behavior on Mundfish and its affiliates’ websites, forums or game environments — including Mundfish.com. We terminate use of the Service and cooperate with law enforcement on such matters.
2.1 You may not create an account name, persona or avatar that is in any way racially or ethnically defamatory, sexually graphic, hateful, and excretory in nature. You will not reference or claim affiliation to any hate groups. Any other names, text or chat that Mundfish considers offensive is also in violation of the Agreement including the Code of Conduct.
2.2 You may not create any name, text or chat that negatively references a ‘Protected Category’ under Federal or Maryland State law. These include any name, text or chat which references or includes Age, Race, Disability, Sexual Orientation, National Origin, Pregnancy or Gender. You may not create an account name that is defamatory, impersonates or attempts to defame the reputation of another account holder, an employee of Mundfish, property of Mundfish, or Mundfish and/or its affiliates.
2.3 Derogatory, defamatory or offensive content used in conjunction with names of famous or important historical, political, religious figures or website URL’s are not allowed. You may at no time share or refer to personal information of Yourself or another person, account name, persona or avatar using Mundfish or its affiliates. You will not create an account name that is in reference to or contains copyright names, popular characters, or the names of modern era serial killers, individuals or groups who have committed crimes against humanity in the past. You will also refrain from participating in conspiracy theories, misinformation or fallacious comments.
2.4 You will not attempt to mask, use misspellings, phonetic spellings, homonyms, word combinations, or alternative spellings of inappropriate material in any communication on Mundfish Services. This includes but is not limited to text, chat, voice, in-game messaging or any other medium of communication or interaction between players.
2.5 You may not harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress to another customer or guest using Mundfish sites and Services. This includes but is not limited to verbal attacks, unwanted messaging, personal attacks, stalking or any other undesired behavior used to cause discomfort or disrupt another customer’s experience. At all times users will refrain from attacking Age, Race, Disability, Sexual Orientation, National Origin, Pregnancy, Gender or any other protected category under Federal or Maryland State law.
2.6 Users will not transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person’s view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated at any time.
2.7 You may not disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms, message forums or games with vulgar language, abusive behavior, multiple key returns or posting large images in an attempt to disturb other users. Spamming, flooding [posting repetitive text], bumping and any other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
2.8 Improper use the in game support or complaint buttons or making false reports to Mundfish staff members is forbidden. You may not intentionally submit misinformation or abuse the help system in any Mundfish Service.
- FALSE DISCLOSURE
3.1 You may not impersonate any other person (including celebrities) or indicate that You are a Mundfish or Mundfish affiliate employee or representative. You may not attempt to mislead other members or guests by indicating that You represent Mundfish in any capacity or indicating that You represent any of Mundfish affiliates or partners.
4.1 You may not attempt to obtain account information, password(s), personal or private information from any member or guest using Mundfish Services or those of Mundfish affiliates or partners. Employees of Mundfish will NEVER ask for Your password.
4.2 You may not post or communicate any user’s personal information, including Your own. Never share Your password, secret questions, reminder words or billing information. Sharing of account information is a violation of the Agreement and could also lead to Your account being compromised, hacked or stolen.
4.3 You shall not share Your account with anyone. Joint or shared ownership or use of an account by more than one individual natural person is prohibited. Access to the Mundfish sites and Services, including Mundfish.com, are intended for the entertainment, enjoyment and recreation of individual natural persons. These sites and services are not for use as corporate, business, commercial, or income seeking activities. Corporations, associations, partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies, artificial persona, and other businesses or entities that are not a single, individual natural person are not eligible to establish accounts to access the Mundfish sites, play games or participate in offered services, nor is anyone who is acting for or on behalf of or in the course of the business of, any such artificial person or entities.
5.1 Users are forbidden from using any unapproved third party applications, programs, scripts or any other game modifying mechanic used to change the game play experience on a Mundfish Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by Mundfish, including the distribution of said programs via Mundfish services, sites, forums, communities, etc. This would include but is not limited to using or distributing speed hacks, aim bots, mouse controllers, spam bots, automated game play devices, etc. Third party applications are defined as any program, application or script written by an individual, company, corporation, or private party not employed by or contracted to perform services by Mundfish.
5.2 In relation to online/competitive games, users will not exploit any bug, or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in a Mundfish Game, Service, forum, or other games or services provided by Mundfish. Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any Mundfish Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Mundfish Service (in game or on a Mundfish service). Report bugs and exploits using the in-game portal or via Mundfish.com/support.
5.3 Users will not upload files or content that contains viruses, malicious code or corrupted data.
5.4 Users will not promote, engage in or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
6.1 Users will not post, transmit, promote or distribute any dynamic or static customer created or custom content which is not wholly owned by the account owner. Copyright material cannot be used at any time except by the copyright owner. Copyright ownership must be established prior to use on any Mundfish Media, Inc. site or service. Any use of copyright material not wholly owned by the account owner is a violation of the Agreement, including the Code of Conduct.
7.1 You may not post messages or distribute via any in-game mechanic, spam, chat flooding or any other disruptive messaging. This includes posting messages more than once, posting messages to multiple locations, posting nonsensical content, disrupting the normal flow of conversation, or reposting content that had been previously removed by the Mundfish employees. Furthermore, You may not participate in solicitation or advertising, distributing marketing materials, promotional materials or any other materials for outside business services, competitor products, or any commercial venture (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through any Mundfish Service.
Mundfish.com COMMUNITY RULES
- Abusive Language and Disruptive Behavior: We do not tolerate abusive language or disruptive behavior on our forums. This goes for abusive and disruptive comments and behavior that are directed at Mundfish employees or community members, alike. Please remember to be respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, and help us maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.
- Accusations of Misconduct: We do not allow public accusations that others have broken the community rules, or are otherwise acting inappropriately. Constructive disagreement is fine, but accusing someone of trolling tends to escalate the problem, and accusations of lying are usually inflammatory. If you feel someone is breaking the rules, please report their post and do not respond to them.
- Advertising: We do not allow advertising in our Mundfish.com forums. This includes, but is not limited to advertisements and promotions for the following:
- Outside businesses and services
- Other games
- Any venture that results in monetary profit
- We do not consider the promotion of guilds, fan sites, and fan groups, or the activities and content thereof, to be advertising. Please feel free to let fellow Mundfish.com community members know all about your guild, fan site, or fan group! Simply keep in mind that you may not promote your guild, fan site, or fan group if you are looking to turn a monetary profit by doing so.
- Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including Mundfish employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
- Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about Mundfish and its game studios, game(s), or employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about Mundfish and its employees, or its games.
- Copyright Infringement: Names and Material: We do not allow copyright-protected names on our forums. Copyright-protected names are typically from well-known original characters in books, games, and movies. We also do not permit discussion about the illegal distribution or use of copyrighted material, such as private game servers or pirated movies, music, and games.
- Cursing and Profanity: Purposefully circumventing our forum profanity filter or otherwise cursing or using profanity is not permitted on our forums. Our forums have a profanity filter in place for the purpose of keeping profanity off our forums — please help us keep the Mundfish.com community constructive and profanity-free by respecting that filter.
- Demands and Threats: We encourage you to share feedback, suggestion, and requests with us, but we expect all of our community members to refrain from resorting to demands or threats. We believe that demands and threats are not constructive. Threats of real-life violence, in particular, are something we take very seriously and do not tolerate.
- Deliberately Contravening a Mundfish Employee: Deliberately contravening a request or action by a member of the Mundfish staff is not permitted at any time. As an example, if we close a thread you created and leave an explanation stating why it was closed, you may not re-create the thread.
- Discussing Disciplinary Actions: If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made in our Mundfish.com forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact Mundfish.com/support to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums. If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please contact Mundfish.com/support to ask about a suspension or ban, and any other support-related feedback. We cannot assist with in-game violations on the forums.
- Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate within our Mundfish.com forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
- Goodbye/Quitting Threads: We understand that sometimes people will leave these forums, and want to post a “goodbye” or “quitting” thread. Generally, we have found that “goodbye” and “quitting” threads have a tendency to go downhill fast. It is our policy to read the feedback in “goodbye” and “quitting” threads and close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.
- Hate Speech: We take the use of hate speech very seriously in the Mundfish.com forums, and have a zero tolerance policy. Our definition of hate speech is prejudice or hateful comments, slurs, or statements that promote violence or intolerance toward others because of the following:
- National Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Any other personally identifying factors
- Hijacking and Off Topic Posting: We do not allow threads to be hijacked for other purposes. It is natural for a discussion to evolve, and tangential comments are usually fine. Hijacking typically involves taking a thread in a direction counter to its intent, or posting irrelevant content.
- Please help us ensure that everyone feels welcome and free to participate in the Mundfish.com forums.
- Impersonation: We do not tolerate impersonation of any kind in the official Mundfish community, and take impersonation attempts very seriously when they do occur. Impersonation includes using a display name, photos, posts, or any other material with the intent to fool people into believing you are a Mundfish employee, another community member, a celebrity, or anyone else you are not.
- Inappropriate Content and Language: Certain topics and subjects are deemed inappropriate and not permitted in the Mundfish.com forums. Things that we consider inappropriate are usually illegal, extremely volatile or violent, obscene, vulgar, or simply inappropriate for an official game forum such as ours. Inappropriate content on the official forums includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Extreme violence
- Illegal substances and activities
- Pirated copyright-protected material
- Pornography and other sexually explicit topics
- Real-world religion and politics
- Tasteless, vulgar, or obscene material
One specific term we’d like to call out, as well, is the term “gay.” It is never appropriate to use “gay” as a derogatory term.
- Malicious Links: We do not tolerate the posting of malicious links on our forums, for any reason. This includes links to pornographic material, key-loggers, and browser hijackers, but also includes links to private game server sites, phishing scams, and sites that sell in-game currencies and power-leveling services.
- We greatly appreciate when our community members wish to report a harmful or misleading Mundfish-related site to us, but please do not do so on the official the Mundfish.com forums. If you discover a site you want to report to us, please report them at Mundfish.com/support.
- Names in Thread Titles: Please refrain from placing the names of Mundfish employees or community members in your thread titles. Directing a thread at a specific individual, or otherwise using a thread to call someone out, is not considered constructive. If you need to get a hold of a specific community member, please send them a private message.
- Naming-and-Shaming: We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community member(s). “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the Mundfish.com Team is unable to assist with. A certain amount of rivalry and competitive razzing is healthy for any game community, especially one with PVP elements, but naming-and-shaming goes well beyond that. It typically elevates to a point where the subject feels legitimately harassed. We believe that naming-and-shaming posts and threads can be abused and are very harmful to the community. We also don’t feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums is in spirit of the game or our community. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the Mundfish.com forums.
- Personal Information: For the sake of your own identity protection and personal privacy, we ask that you please do not share any personal information in the Mundfish.com forums. This also goes for sharing another community member’s personal information — doing so is not only considered malicious behavior, but it is a violation of our Terms of Service and something we take very seriously.
- Petitions and Protests: We do not allow petitions or protests on our forums. Due to the fact that both promote the use of demands and replies that consist of “/signed” or little else, we feel that neither encourage nor allow for meaningful and constructive discussion. Instead of using a petition or protest, we recommend presenting your thoughts as a request or suggestion so everyone in the community can discuss it.
- Role-Play/Fan Fiction God Modding: We support the fan fiction and role-playing communities on the Mundfish.com forums, and ask that you please respect your fellow writers and role-players by not “god modding.” God modding is the act of forcing another community member’s character into a situation they have not agreed to. If you wish to involve another person’s character in a story or role-play scenario, please respect that individual’s wishes and get their permission first. Failure to do so is considered “god modding,” and is not allowed in these forums.
- Rude and Insulting Comments: We understand that sometimes tempers rise, but it is never acceptable to resort to rude comments and insults. This goes for rude comments and insults directed at other community members, and Mundfish employees alike.
- Selling, Trading, and Sharing Game Accounts: The act of selling, trading, or sharing your Mundfish.com forum account is a violation of our Terms of Service. As such, we also do not allow discussion about selling, trading, or sharing game accounts on our forums.
- Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official the Mundfish.com forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
- Posting the same message more than once
- Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
- Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
- Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the Mundfish.com Team.
- Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed
- Thread Bumping: Please refrain from replying to discussion threads for the sole purpose of “bumping” them. This is considered to be a form of spam because it does not add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone would like to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to strive for meaningful and constructive posts instead of posts that consist of nothing more than “Bump!”
- Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It is okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official Mundfish.com forums. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the Mundfish.com, and leave it at that.
- ZMI Legal Matters: We do not allow discussion of any legal matters involving Mundfish, or any of their associated companies.